We design professional theatre productions, site specific, immersive games and participatory community driven projects, throughout Northern Ireland and internationally. With work spanning over 30 years, the company has a reputation for innovation and accessibility. We work across sectors, using arts to deliver objectives for health, education, heritage, tourism, economic development, social development, rural development and town and city regeneration. As a company, we seek to innovate how and where culture is made and performed and how theatre can be used as a tool to regenerate and serve the community to create long term impact. Our work is multi-platform and cross sectoral, fuelled by a belief in the intrinsic value of arts practice and its potential to deliver a range of educational, economic and social outcomes. Influences in our work to date include, gaming and escape rooms, computer hacking, burner phones, AI, AR, emotional computing and binaural sound.
“While others were rushing to fling whatever they had in their archive on line, these two companies have pioneered live interactive storytelling that has provided rollicking family entertainment and made it feel as the audience is not an afterthought but essential”
Board of Directors
Big Telly Theatre Company is governed by a Board of 8 voluntary Trustees who meet quarterly.
- Tom Maguire (Chair) – Head of School of Arts and Humanities, UCC;
- Gerda King – communications consultant;
- Cara MacMahon – Cultural Consultant;
- Tony Hennessey (Treasurer) – Accountant;
- Chris Hurd-Wood – Human Resources Consultant (IBM);
- Rosana Trainor – Secretary of the Belfast Natural History and Philosophical Society;
- Claire Sugden – MLA for East Londonderry (Independent Unionist) and former Minister for Justice (until 2017);
- Alison Grundle – Business Improvement Consultant.